Becoming independent means changing your status, changing your job, creating your own job and, most of the time, living your passion too! The choice of independence is becoming more and more common.
In 2018, business creation has never been so successful (nearly 700,000 new businesses created in 2018) ,business start-ups are regular in USA , but this is a new record, the previous one date of 2010.
You wish to become independent? Here are some tips that will guide you in this great adventure.
HOW TO BECOME YOUR OWN BOSS?
DO WHAT WE LIKE
The old adage says ” Do not mix work and pleasure “. However, when one thinks of a possible professional re-conversion, the question of making his passion, his job inevitably comes to the carpet.
A good idea, only professionalizing a hobby can be less pleasant than it was at first glance. Because we must then frame what we did on our free time without imperative time or execution time and then because our hobby is not necessarily marketable, that finally the constraints are too strong or that our choice does not may not meet his audience.
And if our professional re-conversion is back in the stress, pressure and all that has been leaked in the previous post, it may be better to avoid!
BE A SPECIALIST
- What is trendy right now?
- What is already on the market?
- What do your prospects / customers need?
A market study will provide elements on the marketing and commercial positioning that you will have to adopt.
Find the value proposition that will trigger the interest or curiosity of your prospects, be really different!
Set your rates according to your specialization. If you are different, you can apply different rates and higher than your competitors: you will have the arguments to defend them.
Cultivate the relationship with your customers, make them brand ambassadors(the techniques to achieve this are achievable)
AVOID THE LONELINESS OF THE LEADER AND USE YOUR NETWORK
- Beware of loneliness, it can be heavy, surround yourself. For that, here are some ways to avoid the loneliness of the leader
- Use the help groups such as the BNIS . This network, in particular, helps entrepreneurs and the liberal profession to develop their sales through a structured, positive and incentive marketing recommendation. The members practicing the same profession are not multiple and they complement each other.
- Participate in entrepreneurial aperitifs
- Make the recommendation of your customers
- Use specifiers (banker, accountants, etc.)
- Join a network or franchise
KNOW HOW TO DELIMIT PROFESSIONAL LIFE AND PERSONAL LIFE
For your personal balance, know “switcher” at the end of your workday and think of yourself. For this, have an organization that allows it:
- An office apart if you work from home
- Think about co-working: these spaces also help to avoid loneliness and to create a separation between personal life and life
- Respect your agenda and schedules
- Book beaches for your personal life
- Plan an OFF day at least once in the week
STAY MOTIVATED AND RESIST FAILURE!
The entrepreneur is tenacious. Do not give up
- Avoid boredom and diversify your tasks
- Stay tuned, learn always, inspire you with great success (Steve Jobs, Henry Ford, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos …)
- Have a specific goal, pursue it and keep it